Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Jac

Trip to Sandy Lake

Jac
Had the opportunity to visit at Sandy Lake recently. Finally got to meet with Brenda, Bill and the staff. They allowed me to tour their inventory of used parts and tractors. I was like a kid in a candy store. They are every bit as friendly and helpfull in person as they are on the phone. It's great to do business with people like that. It's what makes this club what it is. Jack

ehertzfeld
There only an 8 hour trip one way trip for me. I have thought about trying to go out that way and stopping by. I met them three years ago at the GOTO in NY. They were very friendly.

PGL
OK Jack, not everybody takes their camera with them when they look at parts and tractors. Maybe Sandy Lake can use this as a prompt to post a few pics, or we could look for sites where there are some, such as on the Simpletractors links to advertisers. Advertisers note we like pictures of the people we deal with, your facilities and machines.

John_RI
Thanks Jack - I think you're a lucky duck! I've dealt with both Brenda and Bill and found both to be very helpful. Thanks for posting that you made a visit and met them both. All I can say is I wish I was in your boots (Don't worry about the pictures)! John

DMedal
Did I understand right you went to Sandy Lake on your honeymoon? and I thought *I* have an exceptionally understanding wife! 5 yrs this August 10th. How is that for cooincidence! Maybe for 5 yr anniversary I should take her to Sandy Lake? She says "you are getting so many tractors you need a bigger shop than we planned. Put off the kitchen remodel and get the shop done" -Don