Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Trip to Sandy Lake

Jac

Had the opportunity to visit at Sandy Lake recently. Finally got to meet with Brenda, Bill and the staff. They allowed me to tour their inventory of used parts and tractors. I was like a kid in a candy store. They are every bit as friendly and helpfull in person as they are on the phone. It's great to do business with people like that. It's what makes this club what it is. Jack

There only an 8 hour trip one way trip for me. I have thought about trying to go out that way and stopping by. I met them three years ago at the GOTO in NY. They were very friendly.

OK Jack, not everybody takes their camera with them when they look at parts and tractors. Maybe Sandy Lake can use this as a prompt to post a few pics, or we could look for sites where there are some, such as on the Simpletractors links to advertisers. Advertisers note we like pictures of the people we deal with, your facilities and machines.

Thanks Jack - I think you're a lucky duck! I've dealt with both Brenda and Bill and found both to be very helpful. Thanks for posting that you made a visit and met them both. All I can say is I wish I was in your boots (Don't worry about the pictures)! John

hey Jack- I was just teasing you. Good post, just begged for pictures. Once again Maynard comes through with the details. -Don

Thanks, Maynard! Nice to put a face with the voice. Great place to do business! Dan aka IronPony

Here is SLI's mobile unit at the Pioneer show.

SLI's trailer with tractors that are for sale.

Bill (blue shirt) .

Great stuff! I even made business with SLI all the way from Sweden ! When my transaxle broke down I got some new and used parts shipped from SLI by Brenda.

The staff at Sandy Lake is awesome!!! I've done quite a bit of business w/ them since buying my 9020. I look forward to meeting them in September to pick up my loader and backhoe.

Thanks Maynard and Jim for bailing me out!!!! By the way Maynard, you must have made an impression as they remembered your being there when I mentioned the Club. Jack

Geeezzzzz Maynard that was 19?? How many years have you been married! You took those when you were on your honeymoon,yes? :O Brenda

Did I understand right you went to Sandy Lake on your honeymoon? and I thought *I* have an exceptionally understanding wife! 5 yrs this August 10th. How is that for cooincidence! Maybe for 5 yr anniversary I should take her to Sandy Lake? She says "you are getting so many tractors you need a bigger shop than we planned. Put off the kitchen remodel and get the shop done" -Don