Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

G. T. Bucket

haykarenhardy

I got my G T Bucket finished this week. I goes on a 7116 with electric lift. Hydro may work better. The bucket weight is just under 100 lbs. I can lift two 40 pound bags of salt but can not lift three. The bucket is 42 inches wide, made from 1/8 inch metal and lift bars are the same as my snow plow. Otherwise the same as the GT bucket plans. I want to try a counter weight or spring, not sure what would work best or where I want the springs.

I did add a lift cable to left side of tractor. It works OK to load the bucket when wheels are straight, when the bucket is up there is no interference when turning the wheels. I got a lot of flex with one lift rod. Stan

SUPER looking fabrication and pics too Stan. Need to build one for my B series after installing hydraulic lift (probably a winter-time project).

I went looking for springs today, Lowe's and TSC. Did not find what I wanted so I got a 1.00 X 7.50 X 0.105" and one 1 X 7 X .135" spring. Now I can lift 120 pounds nice, load from a dirt pile and skim gravel off my driveway. The down side is the bucket is near float at level, won't dig as well but its more use to me this way. Stan

You are right Maynard, I just may do that. This was a learning experience for me and I only learn when I make mistakes.:D Stan