Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Have To Share Todays Eccitement

steamtoys

My recent purchase of my 7790 was an excitement! Today was a great addition, looked at our morning paper and there was a Simplicity Tiller for $150.00. Called and they wern't sure what it fit so I asked to look at it. Arrived and my heart started beating quite fast. There in front of me was a 7100 Series Tiller with all required pulleys and brackets. After agreeing to by it I was asked if I would be interested in a cab for $40.00. Cab had just been fitted with a new top. Look at attached picture to see if I went wrong.

UCD: This Cab was on a 7114 I assumed it woud fit my 7790. What does FDT mean? Is it possible that it will not fit my Tractor? Ron

FDT = Foot Dragging Tractor That cab was originally for a late 1960's Simplicity, such as a 3212, 3012, 2110, etc. Here's one just like it on my 3112V http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7QeVjG7big Great deal on the cab, by the way. I can't remember the exact amount, but I think I paid a little over $200 for mine, new in the box...

FDT = Foot Drager Tractor, pre 70's 3200 series and lower Simplicity and B series Allis Chalmers. If it was adapted to a 7100 series tractor it will go on the 7790. A 7790 is the same as a 7100 series. RBT = Running Board Tractor, Post 70's 3300 series and Highr Simplicity and 700/900 series Allis Chalmers.

man i sure come across alot of stuff, but i have yet to find me a cab:(. great find. the tiller & cab look to be in good shape^

I have to apolgize, both Kent & UCD are right this Cab is for the older Tractor. Talked to the person I purchased it from and found out that he never put it on his 7114 but that it would fit!! Only time will tell. The Great thing about this club is the vast info. available and the many who are willing to share their vast knowledge. Again Thanks To All. Ron