Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

10" Garden tractor moldboard plow

Mack

That's a good question! I used a B-1 on April 30 last year and second gear and a little bit better that 1/2 throttle was perty good. The neighbor man has a farm tractor and he plowed my garden the first time and he came over and adjusted my plow because it just sorta danced on the top of the ground. I didn't plow enought to get it shiny and he said that was part of my problem. I had no weights or chains and when it started spinning I picked the plow up to put more weight on the tractor. It was perty cool hearing the motor lug down as it was pulling. Also it I tried to go outside of the old garden I just stopped and spinned.

I used my AC B-1 several years ago to increase the size of my garden. With water in the rear tires plus chains I broke sod with a 10" Brinley plow in 1st gear. It picked up the front wheels slightly, the frame twisted slightly, and it plowed just fine. Earlier a neighbor had tried with a new Sears tractor. With his buddy standing on the rear of the Sears tractor they could not pull the plow. And, he had a lot more horsepower. My old B-1, with 7 1/4 hp, did the job the the new Sears tractor failed. I think a B-10, with more hp, should work just fine. Roy

has anybody used a b-10 to plow new ground and how did it do.i have a b-10 a 10inch plow and wheel weights i was hopeing that it could do the trick.

The trick is "traction" and plow set up. Does anyone have the owner's manual for the moldboard plow? If the plow is set up right it pulls like a hot knife through butter, but you will need wheel weights and maybe even chains on the "land" wheel. Mike S.

• 1 year later...
Hi, I am looking for info. on using garden plow.The plow has three adjustment holes for angle and an adjustment for depth.I have never used one so I would like to know about adjustments and what gear & speed to use.It's snowing here in Ohio now so I wont be using any time soon,maybe the snow plow!.......Mack