Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

next restoration project - not simplicity

wminmi

hopefully the pix will upload.... picked this up yesterday for $25 haven't found much information on it, except it's an 84" National Reel mower with the original Wisconsin AENL engine on it. No model numbers or anything on it, so i've been attempting to trace the year of the engine through the engine tag: Model: AENL Spec: 145956 Serial: 5495706 but haven't been able to locate much. Been sitting for awhile, alot of the pieces are currently "stuck" but the previous owner had started freeing some of them up. Should prove to be a fun project :D

Looks like you got some work cut out for you but it sure will be a uniquely rare one when your done. Old golf course mower??

what a find. that looks like its going to be a interesting project. and ofcourse we will be needing pics on that restore:D. always herd those reel mowers do a nice job of mowing. ill keep my i out for parts and info for ya.

yep, old golf course mower. no clue what i'm going to mow with it as my yard is "bumpy" and rather small. i dunno, maybe i can mow the church next door with it :D PERRY - funny you should mention keeping an eye out for parts, just e-mailed you inquiring about some LOL

William, If anything, it could level out your yard some. ;) How's the progress going on the mower?

well, i got about a dozen grease zerks to take grease, and i bet there's another half-dozen that are broke off or missing completely. Will be getting some zerks this weekend to replace the missing ones, and giving her another shot of grease. Parts are moving, not alot of them, but they are starting to break free. I'm thinking a few more days of WD-40 use and moving what i can and i'd guess 85% or more of the moving parts would break free :D

Thats a Really neat find. 4i But before you start stacking more projects on top of each other....You need to finsh the B-16.

Mark, LOL, I used to have that same problem back in New York. I had my garage so full that the only way I could work on something was to take everything out, work on it, put everything back in. Since then, I've downsized big time. And boy, that's good for the soul. LOL. But William has a lot of space on his property, so that helps. :)