Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
mmischni

Homemade stuff (Including RH lift) with Pics

mmischni
Hi guys, Just wanted to share since my wife doesn't see the point :) Completed some adapters/implements this weekend to maintain my 40' (thats right! 40 whole feet!) gravel parking pad/auxiliary driveway. I saw others' grader blades with teeth and thought that was a neato idea to break up the hard-packed clay/rock. Old angle iron and rebar teeth on a blower hitch for some other tractor.

Then I wanted to move more rock than the scarifier could move, so I wanted to put my blade on the LL. It came with the Broadmoor so the hitch wasn't right. I used the front half of the BM hitch and made adapters to hook to the LL axle.

Then I wanted to use both at the same time :) And RH lift is apparently hard to find. Not being an avid collector, my chances of finding one this weekend, I figured were slim. So I put one together with bits from the scrap room.

And to hold that heavy blade up without the clever Simplicity mechanism, I have a temporary solution until I come up with something better (read takes longer to make :) Hope that bracket doesn't unfold...

The tractor in all of it's earth-moving glory...

It all works fairly well. And only about $20 in it for steel for the adapter and a lift rod. And some more hitch pins. Just thought I would show it off. The wife thinks it is funny that I did all that for our little gravel patch. And I wouldn't even have bothered except that I had the tractor and didn't have any real work for it to do! It all kind of feeds on itself. Hmmmm... no work for a tractor that big. Oh well, get it anyhow. Hmmmm... What can that tractor do now that it runs? Ooooh! I have some gravel! I need graders and dozers! Enjoy, Matt

DMedal
this might be a question better asked of the others using scarifiers - how does the steel for the teeth hold up. I've got maybe 800 ft of driveway that ruts easily and am told now that I have a couple of heavy little tractors I need to get on the driveway problem. Part of what I need is to spend about 4 tractors worth on gravel. Anyway, are hardened teeth needed? -Don