Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

You guys won't believe this

Mike

I went with my brother in law sat. up to his dad's place to help clean out the pole shed, his dad a( former Simplicity dealer) passed away a year ago and they are getting ready to sell the homestead. Anyway, lo and behold what's sitting in the garage........a brand new never run older vintage 18hp sovereign (with power steering)Same as 7000 series. Well my brother in law tells me they tried to start it last week, but the original battery was dead. It's a good thing they didn't I spent over 2 hours cleaning mice nests out of the engine etc. Put in new battery and gas, it fired right up. Well when the place sells it's all mine and I can't tell you the price because it would make you all cry. Even if I have to replace the 18hp ohc kohler, I can't lose............. I did also come home with an almost mint 48 deck also, and some smaller odds and ends. There were a bunch of tractors out in the back 40, dynamark and small frame simplicities, I'll get a better read on that stuff when I go up to get the 6 or 7 vintage snowmachines this fall. What a saturday it was...................

quote:
Originally posted by Mike
I'll get a better read on that stuff when I go up to get the 6 or 7 vintage snowmachines this fall.
Also get some pictures!

Nice score!8D I have bought NOS parts through the years, even a couple implements (non Simplicity), but never a never used tractor!! That one is hard to beat.:D

Mike, Your right I don't believe...I am a bit south of Missouri but I have to see pictures. Regards, Thomas Just kidding! I do love the photos though.