Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Fab Quarter Project ideas

bkassulke

I have a fab quarter coming up for welding class and was wondering what everyone here would make? Any great ideas or any premade plans? Thanks for all of your ideas. Benjamin

A midmount grader to fit MY 6216. You don't even have to paint it, I can do that....sm03sm03

In Make magazine a few months ago, they published an article and plans to make a set of steel welding jigs, to use to make other projects such as were suggested, later, as skill and time allow. I bet they've got welding jigs at school. If it were me, since I'm not good enough to attempt a loader, and I don't have personal jigs, I'd use the school's jigs to make a good set of my own, so I could use them to weld when I was out of school. Unless, of course, you have access to same in a job or at home, already? Then a loader would be nice.:D Peter

A brinly style hitch per plans off this site. The way prices are on ebay you should make several and take orders!

I already have one "brinly" hitch that I helped make for myself. Not fancy but it is very strong and useful. Going to use it to mount a grader blade to the rear of my B-11o so I can blade and blow snow with my dual lift. I am seriously considering a loader. I'll need to draw up some plans and that might be fun so I better get started, unless someone already has them drawn up? What do you mean by jigs, I am sure we have them but have no idea what they look like. I can't wait however to use all the metal cutting, bending, grinding, and so on tools that fill our fab bay. Should be quite fun. Thanks and keep the ideas coming, Benjamin

Jigs are like layout tables with moveable pins or stops, that hold things in place to be fitted, and can be reused and reused