Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

It was on my drive home......

B-16_IC

I saw this relic sitting along the road with a for sale sign on my way home from work tonight. I turned around and checked it out, knocked on the door and talked to the owner. He told me $25.00 I said yes! Not that it was a bargain, the plow has a lot of fabbing on it, and the blade is completely fabbed. But, well, you know how it is, it is a Simplicity!:D

How about them wheels?

Rich, That's neat looking. You might want to avoid using it on concrete and especially pavement. Does the engine run? Great buy...

I thought that I would post a close up of the wheels. The rims they were built on are only 2 3/4" wide inside beads, are these odd? They are compared to what I have had before.

BTW the engine doesn't run, it isn't original anyway. It does turn over and the spark plug is in it. Can't tell you how many engines I have bought that had the plug missing.sm00 The worst part of this? I sold one like this a couple months ago for cheap on E-bay that had a few parts this one could have used! Never fails.B)

Rich, The rims look like they are tractor rims with a metal band welded onto it. Since the plow is home made, perhaps so are the rims? Even if it was, it's pretty neat and looks like it would really dig into the ground/snow pretty good. I know what you mean by engines without spark plugs. A lot of people really lack the common sense. No plug=water in the cylinder. I was taught growing up NEVER to take out a plug and leave the hole uncovered. Yikes about selling off the needed engine. I've been down that road with tractor parts. It's either to have a virtual junkyard at your home and be prepared, or have a nice tidy yard and having to search all over for parts. Can't win. :(

Bring it to NC and I'll double you're money:D Great buy. I would not have passed it up either!sm01

When you get that running, try not to hook a root with those wheels. If you do you'll realize the definition of 'faster then a speeding bullet'. My dad had a tiller with steel wheels and and was powered by a four cylinder inline air cooled engine and spring teeth. What a tank. On hard soil it took two to hold it back and make it work. If it would get on top of the ground, 'faster then a speeding bullet'.

The PO said that he had twisted the axle shaft off twice, due to hooking those lugs into something. And yes they are fabbed, although pretty nicely. I am thinking that this will have to be put into service, finally something old with no need for an air pig before use!:O

Oh, also Bob, you don't happen to recall the manufacturer of that tiller your dad had? I have a few Frazer tillers one with steel wheels, they have spring tines. But they are one cylinder. Could it have been a Seamans?