Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Double gang disk

swede

I already had one single gang disk and then ran across another one really cheap. I welded the two together and made it to work with a 3 point hitch. It works pretty good and will just cover my tracks. (I can't make it any wider) A few passes every other week really keeps the weeds down.

It can lift it fine, but I don't think I would want to add anymore weight. I worry more about driving with it up and going over rough ground. I go slower so it doesn't bounce so much. Another problem is that the front end gets light, so I have to use the brakes to help turn in loose soil. I do have a weight bracket and 100lbs I can put on the front, but that has to be removed when I put the mower deck on. I am trying hard to convince my wife that I really need another one these tractors since my Legacy doesn't have a 3 point hitch. That way I wouldn't be spending all that time switching implements and could spend more quality time with her! Right??

quote:
Originally posted by swede
I am trying hard to convince my wife that I really need another one these tractors since my Legacy doesn't have a 3 point hitch. That way I wouldn't be spending all that time switching implements and could spend more quality time with her! Right??
your absolutly right, she cant say NO:D. nice setup you have.

quote:
Originally posted by swede
... I am trying hard to convince my wife that I really need another one these tractors since my Legacy doesn't have a 3 point hitch. That way I wouldn't be spending all that time switching implements and could spend more quality time with her! Right??
That sounds like a good strategy. Let me know if she buys it.

[url][/url]http://www.sunflowermfg.com/literature/1000lit/1544.pdf Here's what you need to hook on to, Swede. It will cover your tracks. Nelson