Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
steamtoys

Another Days Excitement !!!

steamtoys
Todays BIG purchases within 2 miles of my house!! Struck up a conversation with a stranger and he said his neighbor had a Simplicity 3416 that was for sale. Told him I was interested and he said lets go over. There sat the 3416 H with mower deck and a complete snow plow and a rear lift attachment. Didn't take long to say sold. Told him it would be nice if I could get help to push it on the trailer. I was told to stay calm and he would drive it on. Took awhile to get it running but it did start and it was loaded with little effort!! Being 96 degrees this was a bonus. Now the story gets better the gentleman that took me over here to buy the 3416 said he had a tractor that he would part with and he lived next door. Low and behold there sat a Simplicity 6216 Tractomatic that his dad had bought new. Ask if it had any problems and was told it could use some clutch attention and that it did start hard when hot, something it had done since new. Gave in and bought that one also and drove it on the trailer. He had just finished mowing the lawn with it in fact I think it was still warm. I consider was a great day even if I am now broke!! Ron

steamtoys
MPH: Simplicitys are new to me but attempting to learn. When you mention adjust from the seat blade are you refering to blade angle. Had to go out and look at the blade and tractor. There is a bracket on the side of tractor possibly to hold a rod to release the latch on blade in order to change blade angle fron the seat. Great not to really know what youg getting and feel you have come out ahead! My first Simplicity purchase was May 28th, now have 3 and still looking. Ron

MPH
That's what I ment Ron, change angle from the seat. On the 'regular' snow blade, without the trip springs you have to get off the seat, pull a pin change angle then carry on. Couple pics of one I made for the blade I redid last winter.

steamtoys
Martin: Thanks for the plow info - pictures. I was going to put the plow on my 7790 but after the interest I may keep both of these newly aquired tractors. The sad part is I am running out of room and still looking!! I also have 4 J.D's to store. olcowhand was interested in the cost involved in the 3416 & 6216. The cost was $200.00 each this included the plow. Was afraid members might agree with my wife in thinking what a fool. Ron