Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

picked up a free 3416H NEED HELP

larbob

HI THERE LADS I PICKED UP A SIMPLICITY SOVEREIGN 3416H for free it came with a cord saw snow blower and cab also got a 11 hp workhorse i need some help the back wheels wont move and i cant start it it has power but wont turn over not even a click what can it be i will post some pics this weekend oh yes the 3416 was painted greenC thanks lads larbob

there is a lever on the back to disinguage the hydro from the trans. on the right side of the diff behind the seat.

There are two active safety switches that if they do not have contact will not let the tractor turn over. The nuetral safety switch is under the seat just to the left of the oil resevoir, there is a pointer that pushes in a ball check to operate the switch, pointer must be dead center on the ball,there is adjustment to help put the hydro lever in nuetral. The second one is in front of the PTO lever, so that if the pto is engaged it won't let engine turn over. There is sometimes a third switch in front of the driveshaft that is usually jumpered that was for a front pto. Make up three short wires with terminal spade connectors and jumper each switch till you get it to turn over.

Probably rust on the shaft inside the tranny preventing the lever from sliding the gear to disengage the hydro. The only way that I know of is to split the case and clean up the shaft. I know, from learning the hard way, that forcing the lever is unlikely to disengage the hydro. If you have a floor jack, you can jack up the rear end to move it around the garage etc.