Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
TomMaryland

The shed, and shed Queen!!

TomMaryland
I don;t know if I posted thse pics, but here's the finished item! 1968 2110 Landlord
[img]http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x231/tomisinmd/2110rightsidephotobucket.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x231/tomisinmd/2110leftsidephotobucket.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x231/tomisinmd/2110grillfrontphotobucket.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x231/tomisinmd/92broadmoorphotobucket.jpg[/img]

EricD
Looks showroom. Very well done from what I see. I had one of these and liked used it to plow and till. Mine had the hydrolift and that makes all the difference. Kind of like having a car with roll up windows and going to electric or no ac and ac or like... well, I think the point is getting lost here:o)

TomMaryland
Thanks guys, it was my learning curve with the sprayer too. The decals were abuot 70 bucks to have made, and the paint was about 150. Hardener is expensive!!! I used a seat cover and some reinforced molding from mcmaster-carr to do the seat because the foam was in really good shape. The whole thing took about a year to do. Lots of photos during the disassemble part really helped out! I'm thinking of pulling with it at the fair next year in the antique < 1000 lb class. What do you think?

Ketchamized
Tom, If I had a beauty that looked like that, I wouldn't be using it to pull stuff. I'd personally limit her to "light duty" work such as mowing, tilling, snow blowing and the such. Great job by the way!

TomMaryland
Roy, you mean that "new" Orange thing with the running boards? That's the worker bee....and used to plow all winter until I got a big walk behind snowthrower from a guy at work! That newbie is tough as nails too, just like everything else orange or yellow! :D

mmischni
Hi Tom, Where did you get your seat cover and what edging did you use from McMaster? If you don't mind my mooching your good idea.... ;) I also have decent foam, but a ruined cover. Thanks, Matt

TomMaryland
Hi Matt, you've got the same seat for sure. I got a $20 tie on seat cover from ebay I believe (can't remember). The McMaster edging you'll find here: www.mcmaster.com pg 3620 I used style 12 . It's bigger and reinforced for the double wraparound of the vinyl. Plus, its able to grip the seam that's folded into the existing seat. I used gorilla glue to hold all of it down, including pressing it onto the foam and just a smidge on the edging too. I started in the middle of the seat and worked my way out over a few applications to get the vinyl to lay down correctly. The only upholstry places I could find wouldn't touch it. From what I've found, the original stuff is heated into place so it formed so well. I didn't have that luxury. Hope this helps! Let me know if you need anything more I'll be glad to help!

mmischni
Thanks Tom, I doubt my tractor will be restored any time soon, but the ratty seat really gnaws at me some times. The rest looks well worn, but still good as tractors go. By the way, your restored 2110 is a beauty. I say enjoy it however you see fit. Matt