Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

update on 3414s repaint/rebadge (new photos)

skunkhome

Finished painting my tractor today. Just need to let it cure for 1 week then wet sand and buff out finish on hood and chassis. New decals are on the way and should be here by the time I am ready to apply. I also have a new after market seat that is a lot more comfortable than the seat I had.

My 3414S as it appeared on June 15th... non running, burnt up PTO clutch, and maladjusted Shuttle mechanism.

Now all I have to do is wait a week to polish her up, reinstall the headlights and work light and a new set of decals and we are set to go.

quote:
Originally posted by MPH
Mighty fine job Phil. Looks like it's good for another 30 years.
I was hoping on 33. There will be more glamor shots to come next couple of weeks provided I get a few hours to work on it. School starts this Thursday and I need another month to get the campus ready. Would have been working at school today if I had not already worn out my crew.

quote:
Originally posted by TomMaryland
Looking good! I always liked that body style too.
I know it is a bit of a stretch but I think it looks somewhat like the 100 series Allis Chalmers tractors from the mid 60's. I remember what a gorgeous tractor the 190 was when they introduced it in 1964.

finished applying the decals tonight..... I will put the battery in Friday night and be ready to mow and show Saturday morning.

Daylight photos to come soon.

quote:
Originally posted by Gary
Lookin real good. Nice touch with the AC decals.
Well, It is kind of a tribute to my dad who worked for Allis Chalmers for 33 years starting in 1936 or 1937. Thanks!

Now that is a MAJOR improvement over what it was!^ Looks like a superb job! I am sure you will enjoy it even more now that it is an acceptable color!;)

I guess you all know and I am sure it is a familiar story. My wife was dead set against me buying one of these old tractors. I finally just wore her down and told her I was finally getting one. She figured it would be one more piece of junk to push behind the shed in the back yard. When she found out that I was driving to Missouri to pick it up she knew I was ready to be committed. When it turned out that the tractor did not run, I felt that it was prudent to call her from Missouri and tell her, that as usual, she was right again. I was so embarrassed with my folly I parked it in the back yard with no fan fare and did not even ask her if she wanted to see. I figured I would be as quiet as I could about it until I at least got it to running so that I could show her some value in my purchase. Every time I did something with it that improved our yard(like hauling off the accumulation of junk) I would let her know what a big help it is to have the tractor. I actually keep the grass cut now regardless of the heat and humidity.. Well, last night when I finished setting my decals I asked her if she wanted to see my tractor since I was finished and she said "oh, I guess so." When I turned on the back porch light I expected her to say something like "thats nice" but she exclaimed, "Wow! that looks brand new". When I then told her that my next project was to get the shed cleaned out so that I had a place to park it, (I had promised that early on), she said, "That's OK, you can park it on the patio" Now that is a major coup! I still intend to park it in the shed to keep it from being exposed to the weather, but it is nice to know she doesn't object to it any more.

I rushed home and took this picture before dark. Had to push her out in the yard to take pictures as battery is not installed yet.