Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

How sweet it is!

skunkhome

You know, I "hate" mowing with my tractor so much, LOL, I have taken to mowing my neighbor's yard whenever I mow my own (which is often). I am having a blast and my neighbor who is in his 70's does not have to get out and mow his lawn in this unbearable heat. I have made it clear to them that it is not charity as they are giving me a place to play with my tractor. There is one down side; every time I cut his lawn, Alice, his wife, shows up at my door with something wonderful for us to eat. Today it was a "snack" of warm Pepper Jack, Spinach Dip and homemade toasted bread. I keep eating like this I will be too heavy to climb up on my tractor. This little tractor could open up whole new possibilities in the neighborhood. To steal the slogan..."you meet the nicest people on a Simplicity" .

quote:
Originally posted by Gary
My hat's off to ya. I used to have an elderly neighbor with a heart condition. Mowed his yard until he passed.
I spent maybe 15 minutes on their yard yesterday and Alice brought over a Homemade lemon meringue pie this evening. She claimed it was low cal because she used lower fat whipped cream.

Hey Skunkhome, Good for you, quality time with the tractor and a good deed to boot. I've been mowing and removing snow for the woman next door for the last few years since her husband passed. My wife may crab that I'm screwing around and not getting her "honey do" stuff done, but I really enjoy volenteer work. Best deal so far has been dragging my larger cub with loader and dump wagon up to the Vietnam Memorial at Bald Hill (Long Island) and running 20 yards of mulch all around and rototilling the flower beds to get ready for Memorial Day festivities. The thanks from the guys who served really makes it worthwhile.