Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Simplicity314

Lawn and Garden Collector Magazine

Simplicity314
So what does everyone who has subscriptions think of the magazine? I meant to subscribe but forgot all about it till I came across Nick's old post on it. http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=75462&SearchTerms=magazine So, should I sign up? Thanks in advance.

arnoldir
I have been getting it from issue #1 and will continue to subscribe. I collect Moto-Mower tractors, and seeing a few photos of a pair of M.M pullers in the last issue was worth the entire subscription price to me.

steamtoys
Not a happy subscriber at this point!! Ordered June 23rd charged my credit card June 23rd. The sad part no Magazine and have not heard a thing from them. Sounds like a few other unhappy people. Maybe its time to call and cancel.

D-17_Dave
Remember they are just getting started up good. They started the magazine out of making replacement parts for deere mowers. With the recent news from Briggs we may need some of this type help at some point also. I have been in contact with them some and made some tentative agreements to do some articles on "our" brands of tractors. I'm sure they would love to have some other contributors as well. They seem very eager to please and should get better with time. We were once just a few people also when we started this club. Lets give them a chance to grow.

rsnik
I agree with Levi. I subscribed for the ten buck original offer. However, my subscription is up for renewal and the content is skimpy at the all-the-money renewal price. I may pay, haven't decided yet.

perry
so far i have been happy. last issue wasnt the greatest thou. like dave said, i think it will get better with time. but untill then i will still continue to be a subcriber. they do need some more orange but it will come. be nice to see are club logo someday in the magazine. i have many different model garden tractors and belong to various clubs, and i have to say this one is got to be the best club website on the net. i am honered to be able to be a member here. if the magazine is smart we should be featured in up and coming magazines. would that be good or bad for us? i dont know?....

mowerman1193
I have mixed feelings about the magazine..I look forward to getting it in the mail and there have been some good articals in the how-to section that I thought was interesting..I do wish there was more stories/articals in it though..I think it is a very good magazine but yes it is priced on the high side for what you get..I also have recieved the renewal knotice and I will be renewing it.. I do agree with Dave though..This is their first year and I do think with a little time it will get even better..

PeppyDan
quote:
Originally posted by Killer_A-C
Need more A-cs and Simplicitys
I don't recall ANY A-C's or Simplicity's in the first four magazines! I am not renewing my subscription for a few other reasons also. I do not like the way they start a story in one magazine and then two months later when I've forgotten the details of the first part of the story they finish the story. I then need to go back to the previous issue and reread the first part. The icing on the cake was when they combined the John Deere magazine and this one. If I wanted to read about John Deere's I would have subscribed to a John Deere magazine. I feel that the J-D's will become a larger and larger part of this magazine leaving little space for the other brands. I am not against J-D's (I've bought and sold a few and made very good money with them) but just don't want to see them take the magazine over. My dad is still subscribing to it so I will be able to see if it improves, if it does, I will be back. Dan