Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
GChurch

Fuel problem 7016H

GChurch
Purchased a 7016H. It ran very ruff and had to use choke to keep it running. I poured over this website and came to the conclusion it was a carb problem. I then had my dealer rebuild carb. I read on website about adjusting a briggs carb and using that as a guide I now have a smooth running mower. BUT After running it for approx 20 min. I noticed the fuel filter was only 1/2 full of gas. Thinking this was strange I kept a watch. It continued to empty out slowly,after another 10 min it looked empty and it the mower ran out of gas. I shut it down,after cooling I pulled the line off the carb and it had a good flow. After leaving for a couple hours upon returning the fuel filter was full.I again began to mow and after about 30 min it was out of gas again. I again let it sit for an hour and a half and again the filter was full. I again mowed for 30 min. and started the same scenario over. Any suggestions?? Thanks Greg

D-17_Dave
The air bublle is of no concern in the filter. Run the engine untill it stops then pull the line off the input of the filter and see what kind of flow you have. Sounds like you have trash in the tank and it blocks the flow after being ran awhile.

UCD
Check that the gas cap is venting. To check this remove the cap and run it. Try this first before removing tank might save you some work. If you don't run out of gas the cap is not venting, replace the cap. If you do run out of gas remove the screen in the outlet in the tank. Also be sure you are using a small engine fuel filter and not an automotive filter.