Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

wrong part #?

builder386

Just got an order from Jacks, couple small mower deck parts. 1 of the parts does not match the old parts I have. Since Jacks is closed right now thought I would ask here. Did I order the wrong part # or is this a Briggs part thing? The deck # is 1690502 and I wanted the splined washer and cup washer below the blade. The cup washer is OK but the splined washer is not the same. The old washers have a bushing built on them that fits into the hole in the blade. The new one from Jacks is just flat. There is nothing to keep the blade centered on the arbor. I used jacks parts lookup to find the part #.

Any help appreciated.

Sounds like you have the "gull wing" blades on your deck. The part number for the lower "centering" splined washer is 1679711. They are used on my GTHL's deck which is mfg #1691219. However your deck model doesn't use the "gull wing" blades, it uses flat blades that don't use the centering type lower splined washer. Looks like someone changed the blade style on your deck. Somewhere there's a mismatch of numbers. PS - I would think with a 1690502 deck shell and the "gull wing" blades, you'd notice the deck would mow lower than it should. The "gull wing" would lower the cut by 1/2" or so.

Thanks Bill, you may be right about the part swapping. I did notice after tearing the deck apart that the blades are mighty low in the shell. They are almost flush with the bottom. The deck is on a AC 917 which is very similar to your GTHL, correct?

Yes, my GTHL is a newer 7100 series tractor, and is the same as your AC 917 to the best of my knowledge.