Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
larbob

need help

larbob
the tractor starts and runs i use it for a while it gets very hot i turn it off and it wont start until the next day what could it be will it do any harm useing it like this larbob

DMedal
mouse nest and timing would be possibles. What will it hurt to run it with a mouse nest? The mice don't work for Briggs, and will have asymettrically blocked airflow. One side of your cylinder is way hotter than the other. So think of an oval cylinder with a round (very hot) piston attempting to move inside, with the oil breaking down. All engines age prematurely from this, some die quite quickly. You can probably confirm this by blowing with compressed air backwards into the fins. Any plant debris, fur, etc is a sign there is more in there. You have to pull the engine and pull the shrouds to get it all. Really you'd have to pull the engine for most of the suspect causes anyway. I'd sure like some tips on how to keep the mice from enjoying those confined spaces in the first place. mothballs? Yes, I have a Killer Cat. -Don