Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

seat

weshagen

quote:
Originally posted by UCD
Welcome to the club All want and for sale ads belong in the classifieds.
Nice warm welcome. Can some other club member point him in the right direction? Thought this was more of a "help me" place than a "shoot me down" place.

http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/classifieds.asp?sectionid=5&area=3 Welcome! sm01 There's a link to the classifieds. Also Northern Tool has a nice selection of seats. http://www.northerntool.com

Talking Tractors(SimpleTractor Fever) For Sale/Want Ads Belong In The Classifieds General discussion of garden tractors and garden tractor-related issues. If it's not about garden tractors, please post it it in the Coffee Shop or elsewhere! All are Welcome!

quote:
Originally posted by ibelee
quote:
Originally posted by UCD
Welcome to the club All want and for sale ads belong in the classifieds.
Nice warm welcome. Can some other club member point him in the right direction? Thought this was more of a "help me" place than a "shoot me down" place.
Maynard was in his right here. He simply told a newcomer that some one looking for a part, should post in the classifieds. If weshagen asked were a good place to buy one, Maynard would have answered with a location. Since it was written like an add, it was replied to like one.

I got a replacement cushion from Coleman Supply on the web -- not for PowerMax but it might work for you. David

Not a question of being right or wrong. Sometimes it's not what you say, but rather how you say it. It just seemed like a rather harsh reply. Perhaps a PM (as was done for me) explaining the rules would have been a little nicer. Just my opinion.

I think he was realing asking where to find a replacment seat..... Northern tool has a great selection, I got mine from Tractor supply for $99 not OE but it is a nicer seat, I dont think you will find an OE one

Here is one. http://cgi.ebay.com/Simplicity-Sovereign-7018-Tractor-Seat_W0QQitemZ190137870280QQihZ009QQcategoryZ82242QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

quote:
Originally posted by Fronkie
Just bought that one Ray...sorry
I wasn`t interested in it - just listing a place to find them.

quote:
Originally posted by ibelee
Not a question of being right or wrong. Sometimes it's not what you say, but rather how you say it. It just seemed like a rather harsh reply. Perhaps a PM (as was done for me) explaining the rules would have been a little nicer. Just my opinion.
Lee, It is hard to interpret someones attitude when reading what they wrote in a post. Maynard Meant no wrong when he wrote what he wrote. He posted it in the same manor that any other moderator would have done.:) I do understand where you are coming from, I hope you understand where I am coming from.