Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
biggie_rat

Special Purpose Tractors (and others)

biggie_rat
I didn’t realize that I had so many special purpose tractors of my own until a customer asked which one(s) were mine the other day. A couple were in another building so I got them all together for a picture today.

Closest to camera - Old Brown - AMF/Dynamark/Craftsman, great for the uneven roadside of the front yard, 12hp Briggs, 3 spd. I have 2 spares like it, if it ever bites the dust. I have had Old Brown (named that, due to all of the surface rust on it), for at least 25 years. It doesn't gouge the ditch line like a Simplicity deck does. Mom’s backyard mower - 613 Deutz Allis, 2 cyl. Briggs, 5 spd. (She had a hydro just like it but didn't like a hydro). Nancy Boy - 7012 Simplicity, nearly finished, 12hp Kohler (for now), hydro, P.S. A toy. MINE - 1997 Sovereign, bought it new, the main tractor for mowing, 18hp Kohler Command, hydro, hydro lift, P.S. Ditch mower with sickle bar - 716 Allis, 16hp Kohler, 6 spd. Bigg Boy - 916 - New 20hp Kohler Command, hydro, hydro lift, P.S. A toy. Workhorse - Wrecker - 16hp Briggs, Hydro, hydro lift. I use it for any towing, hauling, fence post pulling, anything. None are for sale. All are used as a special purpose used at the Rat’s nest, except for the 2 toy tractors and they are just ..... toys. From the other way.

B.R.

biggie_rat
I left out a 712S I have that I use just for the yard vac. I didn't intend to keep it, but it is Mr. Dependable when you go to start it, but since it is a shuttle I never was able to sell it, so it's been used for yard vacuuming for the last three years. It just is such a good starter and has such a nice body on it, I hate to part it out. Shuttles get a bad rap. If they are adjusted correctly and have the right size belts on them, they work really good. Of course, I prefer a hydro. Thanks for all of the good comments. I will do some pics of the 7012, Nancy Boy, when I get it done. Which isn't that far off. Just a lot of detail work to do. B.R.

Fronkie
I never knew that people didn't like the shuttle drive (I am new at all this). I guess I'd have to drive a hydro to really appreciate the difference. All the Simplicities my family had were shuttles and they worked great. I suppose everyone can send me their shuttle drive tractors then, since most don't like them :D

DMedal
quote:
Originally posted by RedbarnRick
We're eventually going to have to open a TCAA tractor colletors addiction anonymous. HI I"M________ AND I HAVE A PROBLEM!!!
No one said this is a problem, did they? (ok my daughter thinks an intervention may be needed) It keeps us out of the bars and also from restoring more pricey stuff like cars.