Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Good deal or Big mistake?

ibelee

Looks like you've got your work cut out for ya! Will you use this with your business or around the home place? I'd have fallen for it too (if local), great price. Do you have a buddy with a diesel shop to go over the injectors and pump? -Don

The price was not to bad, but my thought was how much was it going to take to get it running, repainted and straightened.:O POOR TRACTOR ran hard and put away wet.:(C It is gone now.:O

quote:
Originally posted by wilm169
POOR TRACTOR ran hard and put away wet.:(C It is gone now.:O
I was just about to write the very same thing before I read your remarks. Even the Radiator fan is broken. I hate to see anybody or anything abused like that. This was obviously owned by someone who knew nothing of stewardship.

If anyone can get that machine going again you can. Good Luck.... Go to tractordata.com Made from '78-'85 in japan and sold for $8,200......Richard

You guys are right. She is definately rough! I do not have a Deisel Mechanic. Sounds like I'll be finding one or learning myself. This will just be used around the house. Mostly to move around the Chicken Manure and compost. Who knows what else? Seems like we tend to invent work so that we can have tractor time sometimes.^ Didn't figure the price was too terrible considering the prices I seen others go for. Of course they were in much better condition. Looks like the 700 restoration may have to hold off a while till I get this running.

quote:
Originally posted by RedbarnRick
Hope the radiator was stored nearby, that will be hard to find!
THAT doesn't sound good! What am I missing here?

quote:
Originally posted by RedbarnRick
Hope the radiator was stored nearby, that will be hard to find!
Looked again and saw it. Uh, OH! Had one made for a dune buggy I did a few years back...?