Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Project 7012 - about done

biggie_rat

Bigg Boy's little brother, Nancy Boy, came out today for a test run, although it was runable when I took pics a few days ago. Still, some more minors to do, but those are just to make it a little nicer.

B.R.

Man that is one tuff looking Simplicity.I believe I like the smaller tires on the front. Hope to see you at Portland!!!8D

Very nice. ^ What did you use to make the black inset wheel covers and how do they attach?? I like the clean, recessed look.

Those are 2 bad lookin tractors:) What size are those rear tires? I've been thinkin about putting some 26x12x12's on my 917H, but not sure if they will fit the rims.

quote:
Originally posted by gregc
Lookin' good Ron. I think I like the wheel/tire combination on Nancy Boy the best.8D
Yes I too agree the Nancy boy tire and wheel comb is best...

From Roy What did you use to make the black inset wheel covers and how do they attach?? I like the clean, recessed look. [/quote] As someone once said about Biggie Rat - and I quote - “He implies that he is a mechanical wonder and can preform (perform) miracles with out modifications that no one else can do.” So, the hubcaps, and how they’re mounted must be a “miracle from the mechanical wonder without modifications that no one else can do”. As you will see on the smiley face in the pictures below, the hubcap never moves, but the tire and wheel rotate around the hub cap. In fact, I may be wrong, but I don’t recall seeing too many 7000 series with power steering either ...... Another “miracle, without modifications”.

The rear tires on both tractors are 26x12-12 Firestones. Fronts are 18x9.50-8 Goodyears. Thanks for all of the good reviews. B.R.

B.R. -- have a 7014 and really like the look you have on the 7012. My question is, could the deck still be used with those tires mounted?

quote:
Originally posted by Fronkie
B.R. -- have a 7014 and really like the look you have on the 7012. My question is, could the deck still be used with those tires mounted?
I would say it might be okay for a 42" deck. A 48" deck I'm not sure. I probably will never put a deck on this. It's just for show. I just put these on because I had them and with the rear tires being so wide I wanted the front tires to track the same width as the rears, 41". B.R.