Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Willy

B-1 Make Over

Willy
I finely started last winters project. that I put off till spring,and didn't get started until today:D I bought a B-1 last fall off e-bay he said it had good compression,and it probably did when it was new. The carb had a mouse nest or something in it,I had to junk it,the crank had groves worn in it,I don't think it will turn within limits. I have a 12 horse Kohler I can stick in it if I can't find a 19D.
[img]/club2/attach/Willy/DCP00989.JPG[/img]
Who ever painted it never heard of prepping,louse repaint.
[img]/club2/attach/Willy/DCP00990.JPG[/img]
The plastic covers were still on the grease cap on the front bearings,I thought this guy really took care of this unit I pulled them off and found the rustiest bearings I've ever seen. The things had never been greased, I had to heat them to get them off. Oh well it's 46 years old, with a lot of TLC and a lot of elbow grease she should stand proud again.

B-16_IC
Well, at least it looks complete!:D A local auctioneer has a saying when he sells things like that,"it ran when it was new!". Looks like a very worthwhile project that will turn out nice!^

Willy
Well with all the rain it cooled off some and it's a good reason to work in the shop so I painted the B-1. I still need an engine,so I guess I'll overhaul my 12hp Kohler and stick that in it. I still need to clean and paint the wheels, and put the details on it I put new bushings in the steering,gears and spindles, new wheel bearings,and checked out the b/g box,it should be good for another 44 years. br][img]/club2/attach/Willy/Resized_DCP01061My pictures.jpg[/img]