Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
wilm169

sickle problem?

wilm169
I have a planitary type sickle bar for the 7000 models,[990785] I am having trouble keeping the spring hooked on the belt from the sickle to the planitary,:(! is there a trick I am missing or a new spring? 8 OK OK I know some out there are green with envoy.

UCD
http://www.simplicitytechpubs.com/6767PRINT/PDF_files/TP_400_1355_00_AT_S.pdf I presume you are talking about spring # 46 part # 159159 on the belt tightener? Does the spring have good tension on it? Does the belt have flat/wear spots on it causing the idler to jump? Have you tried closing up the eye clips on both ends of the spring?

wilm169
I can't get a picture from the manual, but the one maynard has listed it is part # 46 in the first picture with the drive belts. Sorry Maynard I did not read all you said; yes the end of the spring is crimped good I can pry the tensioner pulley over enough to make the spring not have much pull on it, might need a new belt in there. all thought the belt looks good. OOPs today I tried it again and lost the spring will need to look for it.:O