Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Wednesdays Haul

ibelee

5020's new home. She wasn't in QUITE as bad shape as she looked in the ebay pics. The guy almost got her running. To the Deisel Shop on Saturday.

quote:
Originally posted by Killer_A-C
We got a 5030 that we bought new. Still works on our farm like it was new.
Hey Matt, Don't guess you'd consider trading would you? Looks like this one is gonna cost me some money to fix up.

Spent some time looking her over today. Boy am I in trouble! Whoever worked on this tractor should be shot!!! Let's remember that that is comming from someone who doesn't know squat, and I can recognize a hack job. Electrical...forget it. Pretty much a rats nest. more splices and repairs than I can count. Engine...who knows. Turns over, hoping it just needs injectors. Frame...mostly good shape. One Weld from what looks like a stress crack. Only thing that can be said is that if you can't weld neatly you should try using a grinder. Sheet Metal...not terrible. Hood has a big dent in it. Will see what my buddy can bang out of it. Cooling is pretty much screwed. Radiator is there but pretty much shot. Top, bottom and panels are good. Waiting to hear if local radiator shop can fab the core and for how much. How is it possible to melt the fan blades? I know their plastic, but how hot would it have to get, without your noticing to melt the fan blades?!!!! Grill and grill cover are missing. Looks like someone took a hammer to the fan shroud...again...why?!!!! Hydraulics seem OK except for needin all new hoses. Won't know till the tractor is running. Live PTO seems to be OK...again, we will see. Three Point Hitch is missing a couple parts. Was quoted $210 for one of them. Thought I saw an ebay ad for complete CAT-0 3 point assembly for less. Front End Loader...here's where my fun begins. From a welders standpoint, not so bad. Some of the metal needs to be straightned, and possibly even reinforced. Wheels and Tires....Fronts are in great shape(haven't looked at the front end itself yet). Rears, about 50% on the tread(maybe a little less). That's as far as I got before I had to go to my real job.

quote:
Originally posted by Killer_A-C
My Dad would take me out of his will.Come to think of it not sure if I am even in it!!!:O:O
Sushhhhhhh! I can be there in 2-1/2 hours. He will be asleep by then! You can say it was stolen and the same people left this great 5020 behind! Sushhhhhh! A Will from your Dad...? Doesn't your Mother get everything?! I'd be more worried about her Will!

quote:
Originally posted by ibelee
Spent some time looking her over today. Boy am I in trouble!
Well just keep saying to yourself. "I'm having fun!" You need to read Old Tractors and the Men Who Love Them. If you ever have time.

Lee, you still made out good, there is a 5020 on ebay now at nearly 3k and no loader, I can't recall if these were made by Iseki or Yanmar, UCD or AL will know for sure! I would bet the harness would still be available thru one of our sponsors, Keep up the pics on this resurrection!

Al has a lovely one for sale in the Classifieds now. No loader but mower, cab and a blower that looks like you could blow 3ft deep snow with footballs in at at 5mph. I was real interested til I mentioned it to the wife and she stopped talking to me. While I'm fantasizing, was there a hydro version of this tractor? -Don

"I was real interested til I mentioned it to the wife and she stopped talking to me." And what is the downside of the above??????????? :D

Thanks for the info guys. I've noticed that all the larger 2WD tractor with FELs are shown with turf tires on the front. Is the load with the FEL too heavy for tri-ribs?

quote:
Originally posted by Roy
"I was real interested til I mentioned it to the wife and she stopped talking to me." And what is the downside of the above??????????? :D
This is the wife who told me we need to build a 24x40 shop/garage before putting money into the kitchen/dining room. and "yes, you probably do need a 2nd welder" (all is ok now)

Ibelee looks like you have got good project ahead of you.I also have the 5015 allis (2wheel drive) that I restored, pictures in here somewhere. I just recently bought a 5015 four wheel drive /front-end loader off of e bay, the motor thur a rob. Have not had time yet to tear it down to see if I can fix it . Anyway if I can be of help Just e-mail.

Thanks Jerry. I keep going over the tractor and making parts and to do lists. You may very well regret your offer of help before I'm done. My Buddy, the deisel mechanic, says it will be another week before he can even look at it.