Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Tiller Flap & Deck Discharge Chute Deflector

Roy

Pictures are of the tiller flap I made for the tiller on my 725. Haven't tried it yet but expect it to work OK. Wish I had made it a little longer. Note the matching color of the red silicone rubber. Borrowed the idea from MPH but used rubber instead of steel. Tiller flap:

Next pictures are of the mower deck flexible discharge chute deflector I made. The color match isn't as good as the faded tiller color. Chute deflector:

8DReal nice Roy. I got some white rubber that will work just fine on my 410 deck. On the tiller flap,,,I saw where a fella used a kind of serrated edge on a Troy-Bilt flap,,,It feft a real nice looking bed!!;)

That rubber chute deflector is a great idea. Maybe if they came OEM like that people wouldn't feel the need to remove them.

"Where'd you get that nice color rubber?" The plant I retired from was going to trash a partial roll of the rubber. I had them trash it in the back of my truck. :) Unfortunately the red silicon rubber is not as flexible as standard Neoprene so I don't expect the mower chute deflector to last 8 years like the original one I made. The red rubber should last fine as a tiller deflector. A metal, serrated deflector, ala Troy Built, would be nice. Used what I had for materials. Thanks all for the kind words.

"Borrowed the idea from MPH" So ya gonna returen it now that your done Roy?:D:D Looks real good, learned about the 3rd time I backed up with mine to disengauge the tiller first, didn't do much damage but sure scared me.

Good idea! I've nicked alot of my tress. My discharge is on the right. I wonder if you could attach a piece to the left side somehow without drilling? Not only protect the trees and things but the paint and metal. Of course it would have to look good too.