Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Not quite a jet ski

Willy

I was going through some old papers and I came across one of my uncles inventions,he created back in the early 50s. Him and my Dad was always competing at who could invent something to make them a millionaire nether one quite made it. This is the for runner of the jet ski.
[img]/club2/attach/Willy/Resized_card0009power ski 3.jpg[/img]

[img]/club2/attach/Willy/Resized_card0010power ski 3.jpg[/img]

[img]/club2/attach/Willy/Resized_card0011power ski 3.jpg[/img]

They sold a lot in Calif,but resorts and rental outfits leased them. To steer you move the handel bar, pulling with the right and pushing with the left would would move the left ski forward and turn the motor just a little,and you would turn right,left just the opposite. They went over big for awhile. Some where I have more pictures of my Dad's and Uncles inventions,some good some not so good. If there's an interest, I try and find them to post later.

These look really cool and a lot of fun! As a recreational ski-doo driver, I'd be scared to hit a large wave and accidentally fall backwards on the engine. It's amazing how back then, companies expected the consumer to have common sense, and these days, the companies do what they can to protect the consumer and make their goods as safe as possible. (Probably to avoid a lawsuit, mostly)