Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Next project pole

john-holcomb

Now that I am on the mend and back to work part time I have been thinking about my next fab project. I have a few ideas and wonder if anyone out there would have any interest.? #1 Rear mounted fork truck using 12 volt electric actuator, 40+ inches of lift 1000# capacity.$750 to $1000 each #2 Rear mounted single shank subsoil er, 20" max depth. $100 to $200 #3 Front mounted brush rake for picking up limbs and leaves. Like they use in the orchard. $100 to $200 #4 front mounted "V" plow with hitch. $200 to $300 If any of these things interest anyone let me know, or if you have an attachment that you think would draw some interest let me know. I normally like to make 10 or more of anything to keep the price reasonable. Thanks to all.

The brush rake and v-plow sound interesting, although all of the projects listed are fairly sizable and might raise some freight concerns. Not listed but of special interest to me would be replacement cutter bars for the sickle mowers. I know Howard Tews (htews) used to make them, but he has not been on line in quite awhile. If you have access to a CNC center, they should be a snap to make.

Mike, The CNC is not a problem but I would have to have a pattern or a print. I have always wanted a sickle bar but never have found one I was willing to spend the money for. Yes freight will be an issue on the bigger items but with my discount on trucking I can ship a pallet most places in the midwest for under $100.

All the above sound good. A mid-mount cultivator seems hard to come by. Everyone(including myself) also seems to be looking for right hand lifts also. How about the plastic peice that goes around the steering columns of the B-Models? I sure could use a couple. Battery side panel for the B-Models. Most I've seen are ate up or damaged in some way. Seems like they would be easy enough to make if you had a small enough diameter roller. I know some of these sound like pretty easy projects, but in my limited experience, are very hard to find. Some do not have the equipment, nor knowledge, to manufacture these items. Some, like myself, can not justify the time required for 1 peice. JMO.

The battery side panels for B and equivalent simplicity modles are easy to come by (if you want to pay the going price) they are on ebay all the time.

quote:
Originally posted by UCD
The battery side panels for B and equivalent simplicity modles are easy to come by (if you want to pay the going price) they are on ebay all the time.
Greg does a pretty good job of posting ebay items. I have been checking them each morning for a while. Maybe I missed something. Any chance you could bring up one that I missed? Don't want to miss out on the parts I need. Thanks.

How about the NLA revitalizer blades, thanks to Briggs. If you are interested I could send you a new one to copy or a traced drawing of a new one. There are a few people on here that would be interested I am sure.

i have been looking for a york rake to tow behind my Big Ten. think this is something you could make? what is a subsoiler? is that what they use to bury cables?

quote:
Originally posted by john-holcomb
Mike, The CNC is not a problem but I would have to have a pattern or a print. I have always wanted a sickle bar but never have found one I was willing to spend the money for. Yes freight will be an issue on the bigger items but with my discount on trucking I can ship a pallet most places in the midwest for under $100.
That is a pretty good deal on the freight! A subsoiler with a cable feed, as mentioned in an earlier post, sounds interesting also. If there was enough interest in replacement cutter bars, I would be glad to offer both halves of mine :O for a pattern. I am not sure if they used CRS or some type of pre-temp steel for them. Will have to give it the old file test. I think that many of the sickle mowers use a very similar cutter bar, just different in how the eccentric attaches to them. Might be able to interest some Wheel Horse, Sears, and other owners in this. All of your projects sound interesting. Hope you get a consensus so we can see another great project coming from you.

I'm still around. Just have been really busy at work this year. Haven't had much time to work on my projects, but I have been checking in to see what everybody is up to. I am still making the bars. just send me an email if interested. Or if you have any other questions about the bars.

quote:
Originally posted by HTews
I'm still around. Just have been really busy at work this year. Haven't had much time to work on my projects, but I have been checking in to see what everybody is up to. I am still making the bars. just send me an email if interested. Or if you have any other questions about the bars.
I had sent a couple via the link in your profile. Will try again. :) Good to see you online again!

front mount brush rake & could it be used as a de-thather also would get my vote if I could raise & lower it with the deck at the same time. got a sketch?.

I will try and put together a couple of drawings on a subsoiler/cable plow and the brush rake. Howard has the sickle bars taken car of so I won't worry about that. Ray if you want to send a picture and a tracing I will look at the revitalizer blades, since I've never seen one I'm at a loss as to what they look like. I'll be back with some ideas in a couple weeks. JW

Frame mount for 5000 watt Alt and McKissic chipper/shreader grinder seeing as they are the same. http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=65365

Another suggestion--A box scraper with a fairly long tongue option to convert it from 3-point to pull type and also with a pair of bolt-on adjustable wheels just behind each end of the blade. I modified a 3-point blade to this configuration several years ago and it made a beautiful piece of machinery for leveling ground. Very similar to a Speedmover if anyone is familiar with them. If you have 3-point on your tractor it can be hitched to a drawbar and the 3-point used to adjust cutting depth on the go. The long tongue serves to minimize irregularities caused by the tractor ahead of the blade. The tires immediately behind the blade then stabilize it for fantastic leveling performance. [url][/url]http://www.kuntzequipment.com/speedmover.html This would be a larger scale example. A ripper attachment for it would be great also. Nelson

I would like to see the diagrams. I can't visualize some of the items mentioned. They sound interesting. jh

Frame mount and platform for 5000 Watt generator. Two sizes of front end loaders. 42" wide for repowered 3310's and that size. 48" wide for Sovereigns and such. Attachment for ball hitches.