Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

It's red but it was priced right updated 11/25

tec2484

I couldn't pass this one up. For $ 100 what the heck. 5000 watt with 2 120 volt plus and 1 220 volt.

I finely did something with the generator. I made a mount for the 3410 (it should work with any large frame).

All I need now is a 5" pulley for the generator and it should be good to go

Wish I could find one like that for my Wheel Horse close enough to me..I been watching for one for about the last year since I traded out my wood stove for a pellet stove..The pellet stove requires electric to burn and if I have a power outage now I wont have heat..The stove has a DC back-up kit option but for $450 I will look for a gen then I can run more than just heat.. You got a good deal on it..Ever decide to sell let me know..

quote:
Originally posted by mowerman1193
You got a good deal on it..Ever decide to sell let me know..
Maybe I should auction it off, You are the 4th person to offer to buy it. I was going to redo the mount to fit on my 3416, But I think I will save that mount and just fab up a mount for it. Then if I ever find a AC cheap I can sell this one with the original mount.

• 3 months later...
Nice work, tec2484. My 3410 has a different decal arrangement from yours. Mine says "LANDLORD" on the hood-sides, and "Simplicity 3410" on the rear of the seat pan. Interesting. Looks like you're ready for a power-outage... Tacey

It works!:D:):D It runs my chop saw with ez. The engine don't even change tone. The only thing left to do is make a ground rod and make a cord to back feed the house from the barn, I will have to remember to flip the main breaker in the house for now.

• 3 months later...
Well I finely need it. Power went out at about 1:15 am (go figure:O) Called the power company and the nice recording said your power will be restored at approximately 5:00 am. I had to run the sump pump so throw the breaker to the barn, turn the back light switch on(in case the power come back on quick) go to the barn fire the 3410 up, hook up the cord presto power in the barn, come back up the the house, throw the main and all the extra breakers, flip the breaker back on to the barn and presto, heat sump pump and a few lights.:D:D:D 30 min later the power comes back on so go undo every thing and now I can't sleepsm00

Awesome! A happy ending! Do you have a throw switch so the power won't back feed to the power company?

Thats the same generator as the AC's use with red paint. You did better than you thought.dOd You could just repaint the unit to match the AC stuff and for the price you'll come out way ahead of most I see sell for. That would however be sacrulige to some of the Wheel Horse collectors who desire the same factory stuff as we do.

quote:
Originally posted by D-17_Dave
Thats the same generator as the AC's use with red paint. You did better than you thought.dOd You could just repaint the unit to match the AC stuff and for the price you'll come out way ahead of most I see sell for. That would however be sacrulige to some of the Wheel Horse collectors who desire the same factory stuff as we do.
I know it is Dave, if I ever restore this tractor I will repaint it. Of coarse if any WH guys find out I might be found in some back alley beaten to death.:D Bill At this time I just throw the main and any other breakers I don't want power going to but this summer I'm going to get a manual switch so I can't screw up and back feed the power company.