Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

B1 vs B10 vs big 10

LesH

I bought a yellow color B1- I think. It does not have the ID Plate (behind the seat). How can I found out what it is?? The B1, B10 and Big 10 are all closely matched, but what are the minor/ major differences?? Thanks.

Hi Les, I am not sure but if you go back into Kent's site SimpletrACtors and check the list of AC tractors you should be able to get a really good idea the difference's between them along with some really great pictures. Me not being an AC owner I can't tell you and thats why I always have to check them out myself. Sorry I can't help more but someone else hopefully can. Thanks, >>->happyjack<-<<

The B-1 is the first. Although they all look similar, there are allot of little differences - improvements. The throttle choke cable control on the B-1 is metal, and crude compaired to the nicer control on the B-10. The Big 10 has a nicer looking dash finish as well as the nice throttle cable controler. Grills are different between the 10 and B-1. Hood and the way it opens a little different to. Gas cap on B-10 exposed through top of hood for easy fill. Think there were significant HP diffences too. Need to check this but, think the B-1 was about 7 (not sure) the B-10 9hp and the Big 10 a full 10. Check the sites links to be sure of that?

Sandy_Lake_Imp
The engine model,type & code may help determine the tractor model. E mail them to us & we'll try to figure it out. Include a reminder of the details. Bill