Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
CHolmes

What are these things called?

CHolmes
Anyone know where I can get those little square nuts that snap in the square holes on the body panels? I don't even know what the proper name of these things would be. Are they still available?

andrewk
I always called them "cage nuts" and IIRC, that's what Simplicity calls them. They were available in 2004, which was the last time I needed one. Hope this helps- Andy

skunkhome
quote:
Originally posted by CHolmes
Anyone know where I can get those little square nuts that snap in the square holes on the body panels? I don't even know what the proper name of these things would be. Are they still available?
I get mine from Lowes, however I prefer the "J" nuts that do the same thing but are less likely to seize up on the bolt.

HubbardRA
My local hardware store had them just a few days ago, when I was there. I saw the Cage nut listed, so I had to look in the drawer to see if that was it.

CHolmes
I cannot find them locally at all, even at a fastener center. Most online are metric. Anyone know if a M6 will fit the hole properly? Is a J-nut the clip that fits over the edge?

Sandy_Lake_Imp
We have them in stock Chris....send me an e mail and I can $ them to you on Monday. I have been having trouble with my e mail :( so if you don't here from me that is why. Brenda