Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
scrowba

Help..Hydraulics stuck

scrowba
?I have a 4040 with a Danco SV Loader on it. This morning I went to move some dirt and kapow... My hydraulic lever which raises and lowers the bucket will only raise. When I go to push the lever forward it won't go. When I pull back to raise it is nice and smooth. It will go back to the neutral(center) position with no problem. When I go to push the lever forward to lower it won't budge. Any ideas? Thanks

D-17_Dave
This sounds like a mechanical problem, not a hydraulic issue. There are 2 possibilities that pop into my mind. First off is something came out of the pump or a line and has wedged into the spool valve blocking it from stroking as you want it to. This isn't all that uncommon a problem. It's just that these pieces of debris are normally passed on without issue finally winding up in the filter. Second, there is a centering spring assembly on the outside of the spool opposite of the lever. This is under a small vented cover with a couple of screws holding the cover on. If rust, debris, or a broken return spring gets trapped under this cover it will often restrict the movement of the spool. I'd pull the spring cover off the spool valve first since it's external and clean and inspect everything and look for any sign of anything binding. Then removing the valve and disassembling it on a workbench will be in order.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online (See full list)

• GregB
    • MARK (LI)
    • garyosf
    • PhanDad
    • joelk
  • Today's Birthdays

No users celebrating today
  • Recent Status Updates

• Paul M.Murphy

Paul M.Murphy

Hello glad I got on this site. I hope to upload a couple of photos of my Simplicity Broadmoor 
      Model 707 Tractor. I have replaced all the belts on it and installed a new ignition switch.
      Have a mower deck which was in poor shape , repaced a couple of bushings and welded the
      deck where there was some holes. The tractor and mower deck came from a friend and the 
      mower deck metal was getting pretty thin. Some new metal was put in it and we also undercoated the underside of the deck. This was done by my friend Greg Toulman.
      I have not put the mower deck on the tractor yet, waiting for Greg to come home and give me a hand. Can you please tell me if there is a manual for the mower deck and where I could get one.
      I would also like to get some moon wheel discs as well.
      I will try and down load some photos of the tractor when my wife shows me how to. 
      I really love driving this tractor and also how well it is made compare today's tractors, especially the flexible rear end and the rollers.
      Tell the next time 
      Paul

· 8 replies
    • jbrooks

jbrooks  »  Talntedmrgreen

Josh

folowing  this from a link at the downloads.  I just rescued an AC 920 with the lambodini diesel. I can' t download  yet .  Where did you find the PDF copy you posted. . I would like to figure out how to adjust the injection pump. 
      I assume it's a bosche, correct
      · 0 replies
  • Adverts