Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Jonny's buzz saw project

Jonnysac

I picked this buzz saw up and was told it is for AC mowers. I had to alter the hook up and the pully system to make it work. I run it off the tiller drive unit. Here are some pics of how it went.
[img]/club2/attach/Jonnysac/mini-10-16-06 016.jpg[/img]
I had to make a shield for the blade.
[img]/club2/attach/Jonnysac/mini-6-5-07 006.jpg[/img]

[img]/club2/attach/Jonnysac/mini-6-29-07 017.jpg[/img]

[img]/club2/attach/Jonnysac/mini-7-17-07-003.jpg[/img]

[img]/club2/attach/Jonnysac/mini-7-17-07 004.jpg[/img]

[img]/club2/attach/Jonnysac/mini-7-17-07 006.jpg[/img]

[img]/club2/attach/Jonnysac/mini-7-17-07 010.jpg[/img]

[img]/club2/attach/Jonnysac/mini-7-17-07 014.jpg[/img]

be careful! you don't want you new login name to be Lefty. Johnny you did a really nice job with the conversion.

Looks good but just as scary as the one I had for my Farmall Cub. Lock the kids in their rooms while it's running!

Really nice work! My first thought was "how long does it take to be able to put your hands within 4 feet of that blade?" My radial arm saw scares me not at all but that thing would take a bit of getting used to. The old blade sharpened up ok? -Don

Hi, Beautiful job. One comment. I would put a half round plate on each side of the bottom half of the blade. My brother nearly lost an arm in the pit on our sawmill when we had no guard. Will prevent someone from getting a knee or leg in it. Lead on. Al Eden

Very nice job on both trac and saw.Does the saw/eng. have a enough power to go thru lets say some nice hard elm/hickory,as it runs with tiller drive?Very nice job indeed!Please put steel body armor/gloves on while operating!:)

Nice,I could use a setup like that. I like Al's idea about the lower guard. Be sure and count your fingers when your done.:D

Looks like a summer horror movie idea..... The workmanship looks great, and I operate dangerous stuff every day at work... but I would have infinate respect for that thing powered up. I would not loan that out to any neighbors... How did you get everything to balance out well..... I know saws are pretty sensitive to balance and vibration...

Thanks everyone for the great comments. I will be very careful not to lose any fingers. This was not a dealership item, but it has fooled some people. It is more of a show piece than anything. It works very well and there isn't much vibration at all. It seems to cut very well too. Haven't had anything too hard on it yet to tell for sure.