Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Serial Number Charts??

mwells

I was just wondering if we had any serial number charts to tell us what year our tractors were made by serial number breaks? I looked through the made when section, but that was mostly manufacturing numbers. Did they even have any of this information at the factory? Or was it all lost? Thanks

*****REMINDER****** There is a tractor registry on this site. If everyone filled in all the fields of the registry (known to them or can be found) we would be able to make educated quesses at serial number breaks and model year info. As it is now when I search the registry I have not been able to determine much. OK, I vented but this is one big thing I think the registry would be great for. Well I am going to go through the registry again, but I know a lot of the fields are empty.

quote:
Originally posted by firefoxz1
*****REMINDER****** There is a tractor registry on this site. If everyone filled in all the fields of the registry (known to them or can be found) we would be able to make educated quesses at serial number breaks and model year info. As it is now when I search the registry I have not been able to determine much. OK, I vented but this is one big thing I think the registry would be great for. Well I am going to go through the registry again, but I know a lot of the fields are empty.
If I had a serial number I would post it but my Plate was damaged.

I need to go thru my numbers again and update them. I had problems with the page when I tried a couple years back. Never got around to it again. Procrastination... my bad!

quote:
Originally posted by firefoxz1
Another thing I have put off long enough! I needed a reminder/kick in the pants!