Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
AllisPhreak

Tiller capable ?

AllisPhreak
Will a tiller mount on this tractor ? http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=160151381106&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=006 I asked the owner, he says yes. To double check, I went to the Simple Tractors.com web site, and the site says that it is not capable of using rear-mounted attachments (no rear PTO). Who is correct ?

keifer2k3
I'm not sure. But I'd get the tractor for that price first and worry about the tiller later. There's guys on this site though that could put a tiller on a toaster if they wanted. So I'd guess yes!^

TomSchmit
This model (Broadmoor 707) has a transmission with 2 forward speeds. This tranny does not have the pto shaft needed to power a tiller. Later models of this tractor (such as Broadmoor 728) had 3 forward speeds, and this updated tranny had a pto shaft for driving a tiller. Tom

AllisPhreak
Thanks guys, for the help. Now, tom...would the tranny for the 728 work in this tractor, if I was able to locate one ? And if I can locate one, is it a very involved process to swap the trannys out ?

TomSchmit
Karl - You are right on track! The 3 speed tranny is a simple drop-in replacement! Even a novice could do this replacement in an hour or 2. All you have to do is find a good one nearby to you, then you can make the change and use a tiller on it. There are plenty of club memebers who sell parts out in your area .... just put an ad in the parts wanted classified section. Tom

toomanytractors
Karl: If I remember right I have a 3-speed trans that should work in this. Let me know if you want to pursue it. Good luck, Dave