Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

4040 carb linkage question

richp

The guy I got my 4040 from said he messed with the carb linkage and it doesn't run as good as it did. Could someone show me a picture of how the linkage looks on these Onan's? Thanks.

Found a picture of the linkage. I notice there is an arm coming off the fuel pump, almost like a lever with a hole in it. Any idea what it does? Currently there is nothing going to it.

Here's a picture of the carb linkage. If anyone can tell me if anything is wrong, let me know.

I also noticed the float is damaged. Hope I won't have too much trouble getting one.

• 2 weeks later...
Come on inquiring minds want to know, how much did they charge you for the float and where did you get it? Also, I saw pictures of it with those tall skinny tires on front and was wondering if it looks like it's sitting right with that set-up or is it too tall. I know they specify a much taller set of Ag tires for the rear to go along with those fronts. Thanks

$94.00 for the float. Seems to sit level with the front tires, but I don't like them. I have a set of tri ribs a bit smaller in height that came with the tractor that I will mount later.