Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  

Landlord 7010 fuel leak

johnsup
The fuel tank grommet/bushing (#1654930 about $1.00) has been known to leak. If you replace, it may be a good idea to replace the screen (#1664460 about $2.00) at the same time. For anything else leaking down line, install a fuel shut off (Simp #? Deere # AM107340 - 19990222DY2 about $4.00) until you can fix the problem. I install fuel shut offs on everything I store indoors, just to be on the safe side.

is the leak ocurring out of the elbow of the carb assembly.....as I recall the Briggs motors have a float and jet assembly that often hangs and leaks....... a simple carb rebuild with all new jets and extreme cleanliness should solve the problem

I just bought my 1978 7010 last fall, and I love it. It reminds of the one my neighbor let me run when I was growing up. It was running great, (and plowing a lot of snow) until last week. Now it won't start, and there is fuel leaking. Could this be the fuel pump? Carb? I'd appreciate any DIY suggestions before I have to bring it in for service.

dlcentral
If it is found the fuel pump is leaking, I recommend the oil be also changed as sometimes leaking diaphrams can contaminate the oil in the crankcase with gas.

johnsup
Frank, Where exactly is it leaking from? Carb,fuel pump,gas tank? If it is leaking from the fuel pump you can either buy a rebuild kit or just replace it.I have a 7012H and last summer,I put a new fuel pump on it because I was not getting enough fuel to the carb.I would have just rebuilt it, but my local NAPA parts store didn't have the kit,but had the pump(go figure),cost about $25.Good luck, John

Yes, its a Kohler. I'll have to spend some time this weekend, troubleshooting it. Thanks for the replies and tips. It really helps to get a little direction.

MichaelW
I had a similar problem with my 6216 recently.Whenever I would fill up the gas tank,gas would run out everywhere including out the muffler.A fuel pump rebuild kit from my dealer solved that.I'm not real mechanical but it was real easy to do Ask your dealer if he can give you a picture of the fuel pump and for less than ten bucks your problem could be solved.Also remember that with a gas leak like that to change your oil because it's contaminated.