Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Some Week - Part 3

PhanDad

The third of "three" was on eBay, about 10 miles away; saw it late Friday night and almost used "buy it now" immediately - but what do I need another tractor and some attachments for? I checked it's availability Saturday morning, and no one had snagged it yet. I could no longer resist and it's now mine. As expected, the tractor has an electric lift (and it works fine):

In the eBay pics, I noticed the handle for the front mechanical PTO. The tractor has a complete front PTO:

The 42" deck is decent, needs a baffle and a roller:

The tiller appears to be in good shape, but no idler or belt:

The rear mount blower rotates fine, but is missing the inlet piece; 42" deck boot is servicable:

And a repower bonus:

However the Briggs has been run for a while without the welch plug:

And another bonus is the almost new front tires that can be seen in the above pic. I think I got a great deal; now what to do with all of it?

Bill nice score, I did see that one on Friday night too, but I all ready have 4 tractors and taken up alot of space so I did not go for it.

one heck of a good find. its been kinda quite for me lately. havent been hauling in much and really havent been looking....

Looks like youv'e had a real nice week making some sweet scores. Has the Briggs in this one also been run without the oilfiller cap as well as the welch plug? If that leaf blower needs to find a home maight haveta figure out how to get it on a northbound.^

Marty, Good eye with spotting the missing dipstick. I didn't see that when I picked up the tractor, and had some oil spillage bringing it home. So at least it wasn't run dry. Only time will tell the true shape of the engine.