Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

What did I find, a Brush Hog attachment?

jrmorrill

Today I pulled this thing from the metal dumpster at the dump: (sorry but I can't post photos in my message) I have no idea what to call it other than a brush hog. It's a front mounted attachment that will fit onto my 1966 Landlord 2010. It's got a bit of rust but all the parts move. There's also a few bent pieces that I'll have to repair too. But... Who can tell me what it is? And if there are any manuals around that I can refer to? Thanks, Jason
Sorry, but only dues paying members may post pictures or links to pictures.

It's a weed and brush cutter, a very sought after attachment. Whoever threw it away definitely didn't know what he had. Go to the home page and in the upper right hand corner where it says "search for manuals", type in 990370 and you'll get what you want.

You bet! I find it a shame people scrap things like this.... Here's the link.... http://www.simplicitytechpubs.com/6767PRINT/PDF_files/TP_400_1277_00_AT_S.pdf

Thanks for the info! I thought I had stumbled upon something unusual. I'll have to find out who tossed the part. I heard he still has the tractor and uses it. Perhaps he has other attachments to get rid of?! The unit is certainly not in collector's condition. It's well used. I'll do my best to clean it up and make it a good functional unit again. Chances are good I'll put it to practical use a few times around my property (a meager 1.3 acres). The decals a pretty beat up. I'll mask them off before painting. Any comments about sourcing out replacement decals for this old Simplicity stuff? Thanks again! Jason

Jason: If in fact that is a weed cutter be very careful when using it. An old Simplicity guy told me they were only on the market for about three years--he thinks the lawyers whispered in their ears and they took it off the market. No guards-no shields makes for a dangerous scenario. I've had one for years and it is one mean little piece of machinery. As with all Simple attachments it does exactly what it it was designed to do and does it quite well. That thing requires almost no power to operate and really brings down the brush and weeds....You'll love it!! Regards.Dave

They seem to be pretty collectible.See them on Ebay on ocassion and at tracor shows.Pricey if you find one.Nice score,MattdOd

Fantastic find! Does it look anything like either of these pictures? http://www.simpletractors.com/simplicity/New_in_1969/weed_cutter.htm http://www.simpletractors.com/images/spotlight/broadmoor_weedcutter.jpg

Jason, you know it is only $10 a year (not even a dollar a month:O) to join the club and then we could see pictures of your find. It would be the best $10 you ever spent. Dan aka IronPony