Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
LesH

Briggs 11 HP Vertical Shaft Engine Question......

LesH
I have an AC T-811 with the 11 HP Briggs engine, float style carb. The problem I am having is that when you open the throttle up for more gas the choke flapper wants to close. The linkage does not appear to be bent and is not binding. Is there any adjustment on that??? Thanks!!!

BLT
If you a single lever throttle and choke control, the choke is spring loaded to stay open. I think spring is located on inside side of carb.

andrewk
Yes there is an adjustment. I always do it by bending the choke link so that when the throttle lever is at the top of its throw, the choke is fully closed. The distance between full choke and no choke is usually like 1/2 inch, but some throttle cables are more, some are less. If you mean that the choke is getting sucked shut, then I would look at the spring issue that BLT mentioned. Although, if it is the choke system I am thinking of, then I am not sure how it could suck shut unless it was disconnected from the link. T-811 is a vertical shaft tractor, isn't it? (EDIT- answered my own question there, after reading the thread title!XX()