Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
keifer2k3

The shed/fleet

Nick
That is a nice shed. I also like the way the flowers are placed around it. It's to bad it's not a my house. LOL:O What is that old farm tool in the same pic as the wood stove? My neighbor has one and we can't figure out what it is.

comet66
Yep, that's a high wheel garden cultivator. You hook a harness to the wife and let her pull it while you push it into the ground, and stroll along behind. If you push hard enough you can almost bring her to a stop, but then you have to crack the whip. It's almost as much fun as plowing with a tractor.:DB) That is a very nice building!

keifer2k3
It's 16'X 16' and it does have a loft accessible by the step ladder. I have my snow cab up there. The loft comes in real handy. I can put four tractors in it and still move around but its pretty cramped with four. I only have three right now. A buddy uses the forth at his rental property. The loft is 9'X 14'. You can see the main header in pic four. It has two white bags of squirrel corn hanging from it. Its due for cleaning and organizing soon, before winter anyhow. Thanks guys.

ZippoVarga
Keith, Nothing like a nice hot burning stove with cast iron tea pots to humidify the air. I have a 110 gallon double barrel stove and it heats my 35 x 25 "shed" nicely. I bet that thing runs you out with a full open damper! Excellent looking shed by the way. Mine was built in 1900 with no nails holding the structural timbers. All dowel pinned together and still holding strong! Carry on!