Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

The shed/fleet

keifer2k3

While I was taking pics for a TT post I thought I'd take these. I built the shed last year. Needs paint I know. This is the home base of operations for me!!

That is a nice shed. I also like the way the flowers are placed around it. It's to bad it's not a my house. LOL:O What is that old farm tool in the same pic as the wood stove? My neighbor has one and we can't figure out what it is.

That was my dads' born 1905. He said you hook a harness to you and the plow and then to a bull or ox. In short a 19th century garden tractor with a plow kinda like a moldboard I think.

Nick that is what they call a high wheel garden cultivator, also some have a small molboard mounted to them. You push them by hand and work well in small places, you can still buy them new.

Nice shed and yard all around it. Best thing to do with that one wheel tool is hang it on the wall as I see no swith on it, or even a pull rope for that matter:):)

Yep, that's a high wheel garden cultivator. You hook a harness to the wife and let her pull it while you push it into the ground, and stroll along behind. If you push hard enough you can almost bring her to a stop, but then you have to crack the whip. It's almost as much fun as plowing with a tractor.:DB) That is a very nice building!

It's 16'X 16' and it does have a loft accessible by the step ladder. I have my snow cab up there. The loft comes in real handy. I can put four tractors in it and still move around but its pretty cramped with four. I only have three right now. A buddy uses the forth at his rental property. The loft is 9'X 14'. You can see the main header in pic four. It has two white bags of squirrel corn hanging from it. Its due for cleaning and organizing soon, before winter anyhow. Thanks guys.

Hi Eddy,I don't know off hand. I'll check when I'm outside later and let you know. What I do know, it was a freebie!! A buddy switched to burning corn and I got this:D

The stove was made by "Hutch Manufacturing Inc." London TN and the pipe is 8". Thanks for all the nice comments everyone!! 8D8D

Keith, Nothing like a nice hot burning stove with cast iron tea pots to humidify the air. I have a 110 gallon double barrel stove and it heats my 35 x 25 "shed" nicely. I bet that thing runs you out with a full open damper! Excellent looking shed by the way. Mine was built in 1900 with no nails holding the structural timbers. All dowel pinned together and still holding strong! Carry on!