Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
john2oak

My "new" 1958 AC- D14

john2oak
Hello, here's my D-14 (1958) after having worked on it a lot this summer. 6 layers of hand painting, even 7 at some places. Don't ask me to paint anything else this year... The only thing remaining is to put the new decals on it. The motor is running terribly well and never takes a drop of oil. Sorry for the photo size, i don't know how to make it bigger. [IMG]http://img393.imageshack.us/img393/7062/006vh5.th.jpg[/IMG] Salutations PS I used an anti-rust paint from a local hardware store (in Quebec) that has nothing to do with tractors. Is the color look like Allis Chalmers a bit ? if not plz tell me ! Thanks in advance for the comments

john2oak
Hello Todd, You must be right. I have a client that is operating a mechanic automobile garage for more than 35 years. Its 2 sons are now working with him. They all told me that they could'nt believe it was the original motor ( They do have a 4X4 recent Ford model to open their garage yard in winter, and some other tractors too). After checking it all, they said it was the original motor. I was evidently lucky, i ain't know nothing about motors. I've been lucky, point. Thanks for the comment ! Salutations Jean

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online (See full list)

• Sovereignm88
    • tadams
    • Bear
    • MARK (LI)
    • bowhunt4life
  • Today's Birthdays

1. Andust
      Andust
    2. Noly
      Noly
      (69 years old)
  • Recent Status Updates

• Paul M.Murphy

Paul M.Murphy

Hello glad I got on this site. I hope to upload a couple of photos of my Simplicity Broadmoor 
      Model 707 Tractor. I have replaced all the belts on it and installed a new ignition switch.
      Have a mower deck which was in poor shape , repaced a couple of bushings and welded the
      deck where there was some holes. The tractor and mower deck came from a friend and the 
      mower deck metal was getting pretty thin. Some new metal was put in it and we also undercoated the underside of the deck. This was done by my friend Greg Toulman.
      I have not put the mower deck on the tractor yet, waiting for Greg to come home and give me a hand. Can you please tell me if there is a manual for the mower deck and where I could get one.
      I would also like to get some moon wheel discs as well.
      I will try and down load some photos of the tractor when my wife shows me how to. 
      I really love driving this tractor and also how well it is made compare today's tractors, especially the flexible rear end and the rollers.
      Tell the next time 
      Paul

· 8 replies
    • jbrooks

jbrooks  »  Talntedmrgreen

Josh

folowing  this from a link at the downloads.  I just rescued an AC 920 with the lambodini diesel. I can' t download  yet .  Where did you find the PDF copy you posted. . I would like to figure out how to adjust the injection pump. 
      I assume it's a bosche, correct
      · 0 replies
  • Adverts