Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

My "new" 1958 AC- D14

john2oak

Hello, here's my D-14 (1958) after having worked on it a lot this summer. 6 layers of hand painting, even 7 at some places. Don't ask me to paint anything else this year... The only thing remaining is to put the new decals on it. The motor is running terribly well and never takes a drop of oil. Sorry for the photo size, i don't know how to make it bigger. [IMG]http://img393.imageshack.us/img393/7062/006vh5.th.jpg[/IMG] Salutations PS I used an anti-rust paint from a local hardware store (in Quebec) that has nothing to do with tractors. Is the color look like Allis Chalmers a bit ? if not plz tell me ! Thanks in advance for the comments

My neighbor has a B Allis that I think is a 1939 model that her father bought brand new, they still mow grass with it today. Thanks Todd

Hello Todd, You must be right. I have a client that is operating a mechanic automobile garage for more than 35 years. Its 2 sons are now working with him. They all told me that they could'nt believe it was the original motor ( They do have a 4X4 recent Ford model to open their garage yard in winter, and some other tractors too). After checking it all, they said it was the original motor. I was evidently lucky, i ain't know nothing about motors. I've been lucky, point. Thanks for the comment ! Salutations Jean