Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

a little update.

bigdan

i haven't been on the board for a little while... i just got over a bout with bronchitus. anyway, i did get some work done to the tractor recently. i got the dash decal & hour meter installed. i got the hood, headlights, grill done, including the grill decal. still looking for the hood side decals. the muffler/exhaust is blasted & painted, & the air filter is re-finished. that's about it for now. i'm working on cleaning up the mowing deck & repainting it next. here's some pics. [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/vrcc1283/Allis%20Chalmers%20716H/DSCF0248.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/vrcc1283/Allis%20Chalmers%20716H/DSCF0247.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/vrcc1283/Allis%20Chalmers%20716H/DSCF0253.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/vrcc1283/Allis%20Chalmers%20716H/DSCF0250.jpg[/IMG]

bigdan, mighty nice job under the hood! You wrote "still looking for the hood side decals." FS Decals did not have the hood decals?? I just visited their site and notice that they were not on the list.:O:( Did you try writing to them? From my correspondence with them I was under the impression that their selection was not static because I inquired about a mfg# plate to match my tractor and they told me to just specify the model number and they would make.sm03

Tractor looks great! Is there any way you can make the pictures smaller? There is a program called PIXresizer available for free download. Try this link he may not have them listed but he will run them off. I have seen them on there before and have bought from him in the past. His decals are excellent quality and he will make anything from a picture if you email him one. http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfrppZ25QQfrtsZ0QQsassZpierce2160

i ordered the serial# decal (with correct numbers) from FS, I'll check & see what they can do about the hood decals. i have good photos of one including the "716 Hydro" decal, so maybe they can help me out. I'm gonna check on a reproduction for the center decal (on the frame, below the dash) too, but mine may be too faded to get a good pic. sorry about the photo size, they're just the size hosted at Photo Bucket. ( the originals are 6meg! ! ) I'll shrink 'em down in the future.

quote:
Originally posted by bigdan
i ordered the serial# decal (with correct numbers) from FS, i'll check & see what they can do about the hood decals. i have good photos of one including the "716 Hydro"
bigdan, FS did list the late 700 series hood decal "listed as a 716" that I bought for my tractor.

640 x 480 is the best picture size for posting here. Pictures larger than this stretch the screen sideways and makes reading the posts hard as you have to keep scrolling sideways to read them. when resizing set to 640 x 480 size and in most cases this will get you under 100kb for uploading here with out having to reduce the kb's of the photo Linking to other photo sites does not effect this 100kb requirement but does affect the reading quality of the post.

wow, i didn't think of the sideways scrolling! i've been using a wide screen lap top as my main PC for a few years & i never caught the problem. 640X480 is the what i resized to. thanks for the info!:D

Nice machine! I noticed your headlights have the socket towards the bottom of the tractor, is that the correct way? Are the wires close to the muffler with the hood down? If yours are correct then mine are on the wrong way! Duh, no wonder it seems like the light shoots up into the air instead of down on the work area on mine!

quote:
Originally posted by 2burning
Nice machine! I noticed your headlights have the socket towards the bottom of the tractor, is that the correct way? Are the wires close to the muffler with the hood down? If yours are correct then mine are on the wrong way! Duh, no wonder it seems like the light shoots up into the air instead of down on the work area on mine!
Your just set up for coon hunting. LOLcrk8sm06

my light sockets were oriented down when i got it, but i don't know if that's original. seems they should be down for drainage of moisture too. i added the stick on wire clips to hold the wire away from the exhaust. thanks for the pick ray! that's more legible than mine. AC for coon huntin'.... i like!

Thanks, I will turn mine around! Kind of stupid of me to get them upside down years ago, or maybe even the PO did that too I don't remember now. My newer Sovereign 18 has the socket down. Sometimes the racoons come up to eat our cat food, but I usually just chase them away and close the food bin. Now, when a skunk comes up to eat, I run to get my gun! LOL!!!

quote:
Originally posted by 2burning
Now, when a skunk comes up to eat, I run to get my gun! LOL!!!
coon is ok but Skunk has a bit of an after taste. :Y