Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Finally a good deal for me!

Michiganmobileman

Hello to all, After joining the club and watching all you other lucky guys and the deals you get, I finally got one. Added to the fleet is a new to me 7016 thanks in large part to John Comet66 and a small but important part to John Holcomb. Fresh from a power wash.

What a deal including snow blower and mow deck.

Brings my total to three

Still one less than the wife has in Musical instruments. Alls fair in love and tractors right? One more to find yet (at least):D Some questions to follow on 919 and 7016 not charging but for now must get ready for the Bluegrass Festival this weekend. A 5 hour round trip & $60 gas (beautiful morning for a drive and a nice visit), $280 price (DARN right I want it), a used carb ($50 shipped to me), and I got a super tractor, snowblower and mow deck (priceless). (sorry MasterCard) Greg

Other two tractors are AC 712H elec lift and 919H hydraulic lift "Good deal on the 3415H"?. Not sure of the difference between the two types (Vickers or Sundstrand) but I do believe all three are the same, or look very similar. Tractor is in great solid shape a little rust in just a few spots. I originaly thought it was a good buy just to get the blower even if the tractor wouldnt run. Just needed a carb as a few key parts had been broke by a PO. Way to good of condition to part with after that. Doesnt appear to charge but I have done no trouble shooting yet. Almost (but not quite yet) want it to snow so I can try the blower. Thanks for the comments. Greg

Bill/Maynard, "Roy, it looks like a Sundstrand shift lever." Yes it does. I missed that. "3400 series were Vickers. 7000 series were SundStrand." Good tip. Will try to remember. Thanks,

The System 7016 was my introduction to Simplicity and by far the favorite tractor I have owned and/or driven. Somebody correct me if I am wrong, but I think the 'white' colored attachments were only made for that year of tractor....1975? Plus, I think it is the coolest 'looking' model too. Although, someone here recently took the same model and painted it orange....I think that looks even cooler! Then of course, there is Greg's yellow JC Penny model. That is my favorite of all!! Sorry Elon, your flamed puller used to top my list, but Greg's is just simply magnifico.

quote:
Originally posted by Roy
Bill/Maynard, "Roy, it looks like a Sundstrand shift lever." Yes it does. I missed that. "3400 series were Vickers. 7000 series were SundStrand." Good tip. Will try to remember. Thanks,
Don't bet the farm on it, Roy.

A factory build. B.R.

"Don't bet the farm on it, Roy." What is the old saying? "There is an exception to every rule." Guess I'll stay poor. Would never bet the farm on anything.

If my memory serves me the early "system" 7000 series with the outside headlamps had the Vickers and the later with the in-grill headlights had the Sunstrand. Also ,I think, the same time (1978)they went with Kohlers with the 7012 7014 instead of the 7013 Briggs powered machine.

If I'm not mistaken, the only 7000 series tractor that had the vickers was MFG #1690184 7013H. MFG #1690337 7014H was model year 1978/79 and was Briggs powered.

We are talking about three different series/models of tractors 1) 3400 Series. 2) System 7000 series. 3) 7000 Series. If you want to get technical and Specific some very early System 7000 series could have had either Vickers or SundStrand. I had an 7000 series 7016H that I bought new that had a Vickers. When Simplicity made the change from 990XXX MFG#'s to the 169XXXX MFG#'s between 1974-1975 production years is when the change from Vickers to Sundstrand came about. But as a rule of thumb and according to the manuals the 3400 series had Vickers the System 7000 series 13hp had Vickers & 16hp had SundStrand and the 7000 series had SundStrand. The parts manual for 3410H MGG# 990757 and 3415H MFG# 990759 shows a Vickers The parts manual for the system 7013H MFG# 1690184 shows a Vickers and is not listed in the master catalog nor in the belt & blade manual. The parts manual for the System 7016H MFG# 1690006 shows a SundStrand There was not a 7000 series 13hp hydro The 7000 series 12hp, 16hp & 18hp show a SundStrand.

Were getting into a fine line here again between the changeover from Vickers to sundstrand pumps. This all matters very little to me as I'm a vickers fan tried and true. To me the biggest difference is the shifter itself. The older 200 style lever with the locking ball is an easier control to use than the longer lever usually associated with the sundstrands. Plus on the older tractors the problems of wear in the dampening springs and such are not an issue since the older style doesn't have these components to give wear in the system. If I were ever forced to use a sundstrand in a large frame tractor I'd certainly convert the controls to the older style. Of course my 620 uses a sundstrand pump but uses the ball lock design lever and I'm very pleased with the level of control I have. Seems to me this is an argument against RBT's now. The odd ball tractors that were made in the years bridging the series to me would be very desirable units to hold onto and to keep intact. The linkages and so fourth would probably never be seen on any other tractors. Ron's 7013H will most likely show up later as a 6-speed with joystick steering.;) "He implies that he is a mechanical wonder and can perform miracles with out modifications that no one else can do" .............

quote:
Originally posted by Simpleton7016
Plus, I think it is the coolest 'looking' model too. Although, someone here recently took the same model and painted it orange....I think that looks even cooler!
I too think the 3300, 3400, early AC 700's and early 7000's have some of the prettiest lines of anything produced at Port Washington. It was love at first sight the 1st time I saw one about 3 years ago. I just had to have one. There are a number of us that have gone over to the orange side. My tractor started life as a 3414s. I hope it is not too offensive to the purists.

quote:
Originally posted by D-17_Dave
Ron's 7013H will most likely show up later as a 6-speed with joystick steering.;)
Nope, too simple. I have been thinking about it since I finished Bigg Boy II, if ........... I do another hot rod over the winter it will be a :|| :|| :|| These projects get a little salty in price to just 'sit around', but if I find 2 donor set-ups ??? It will be a completely different (still Simplicity or Allis) and involve a lot of hydraulics. Maybe, since my apparent factory experimental, non-existant, 7013h is so rare and apparently an escapee from Area 51 Nevada, it can help finance the a new project. [url]http://www.simplicitytechpubs.com/6767PRINT/PDF_files/TP_400_2984_00_SV_S.pdf[/url] B.R.

quote:
Originally posted by biggie_rat
since my apparent factory experimental, non-existant, 7013h is so rare and apparently an escapee from Area 51 Nevada [url]http://www.simplicitytechpubs.com/6767PRINT/PDF_files/TP_400_2984_00_SV_S.pdf[/url] B.R.
Your words, no one Else's. They were not factory experimental, they do exist, although only made one year the System 7013h is not rare and it could have escaped from Area 51 Nevada in another life.

ok, this is probably a really ignorant question, but what was the difference between the System 7000 line and the regular 7000 series?

Most obvious. The badging decals. The only 13hp hydrostatic. Only made one year. otherwise mostly cosmetic The grill & headlights was the same as an early 7000 series. The later 7000 grills and head lights were different. Transition year/series between 3400 serier and 7000 series.

I think there is a bit of confusion on the different 7000 tractors and what they are being called by all of us. They have been called the System 7000 series tractors, early 7000 series tractors and late 7000 series tractors as in Maynard's answer on the differences between the System 7000 series and the other 7000 series:
quote:
The grill & headlights was the same as an early 7000 series. The later 7000 grills and head lights were different.
That seems to me to mean that there were three slightly different 7000 series. It is my opinion that the System 7000 series and early 7000 series are one and the same. The System 7000 series or early 7000 series included MFG #'s 1690006, 1690015, 1690016, 1690086, and 1690184 (I hope I didn't leave any numbers out). Then started what we are calling the late 7000 series tractors beginning with MFG #1690202. I hope this clears up some of the confusion and if anyone can show me any early 7000 series tractor not labeled System by Simplicity, either on the tractor or in the manuals, please do show me.

Thanks, Maynard- So the tractors pictured in this thread, with the 4 bulb headlights, are all System 7000 series? I ask because my T16H is a "7016", I use the 7016 manual, and it has the 4 bulb lights. I like the lines and want to use the right terms. (yeah, I realize the bulbs are a major pain, but I still like the looks). -Don