Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Commit Me??

swede

I'm not sure if this is the place to post this, but here I go. I was out working on deer stands with my life long friend today and we got done around 8:30. On the way home I kept thinking about the lawn and how it needed to be finished before I left again for the weekend. Well, this time of year in Minnesota the grass usually has some dew on it by 7:30 or so. Not today - it was 91 degrees and a good wind from the south. I got home at 9:00, plenty dark, but no dew. OK, I know I had a few beers, but I thought the Legacy has some pretty decent lights on it, so I could probably get some grass cut yet tonight. (Oh by the way, my wife is out of town) So I grabbed my work tunes, (Ear muffs with a radio built in) fired up the Legacy and started to cut some grass. I had the best time of my life. (Well another best time in my life) It reminded me of when Dad had an Allis 7030 and my brother and I would plow until 1:00 am in the morning.(Dad would get get pissed cause it was a school night!!) I'm sure my neighbors are signing a petition right now to oust me out of the neighborhood, but it was pure pleasure to be out there in the dark having a great time. I'm I sick? (I'm sure my wife could answer that--- if she was here.) It all ended too soon because everything is now done. Maybe if went over and cut the neighbors yard right now they wouldn't call the shrink.... The only thing I wonder about now is how I did on my stripes!!

Nothing wrong with you.......but the neighbors may have issues! LOL My BIL loves to mow at night. Especially in the hottest weather days.

Hey Lars, I wish I could have done the same last night. It was perfect weather outside after dark. I mowed a few weeks ago under the headlights of the 7016. It was the first time I've used the lights and it was a lot of fun! Enjoy.

I've often finished my mowing after dark. Glad my old Broadmoor has good lights anda good generator. Sometimes I'll even have a beer or two during the job. I still need to figure out how to mount a good cupholder, but that was covered in another post. (Raising my beer now) "here's to night mowing!" Tacey

I think it goes something like.... We're in a 'Drinking club' that has a Tractor problem.... LOL PS So, When are you putting on the 'Road rally' headlights? :D