Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Has everyone seen this???????

LesH

Check out this You Tube video. It shows a modified gas engine said to be running on 20% gasoline and 80% water.........It is called the GEET fuel processor. After a few searches on Yahoo I noticed that they were being used on tractors....very interesting............ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5YsK3bwzPM

Rather an odd claim that he has not changed the oil since 1983. Petroleum based oil is hygroscopic, it readily absorbs moisture. It needs changed periodically for no other reason than that as it can become acidic, especially if combustion byproducts like sulphur build up in the used oil. I dunno, but I kind of smell a hoax.

Every time gas prices make a big jump, this kind of thing shows up. A friend recently e-mailed me a story about a doctor who was working on a cancer cure. He supposedly accidently stumbled upon a way to turn salt water into a flammable liquid that would replace gasoline. A LITTLE water injected into the intake of a hot engine will increase power and make the engine run smoother, but not in large enough amounts to make a measureable difference in gas mileage. A lot of older tractors, mainly John Deere, used water injection to increase power, help cool the engine, and prevent pre-ignition.

quote:
Originally posted by rsnik I dunno, but I kind of smell a hoax.
"Carbon is transmuted into lighter elements..." Wow, this would be pretty much a certain Nobel Prize! Remember the magnets you'd place around your fuel lines? Or water injection from way back? Actually water injection will boost HP under high heat conditions, as Pat says. And he's burning vapor instead of droplets, but both of those are marginal. Still I'd like to see one of these in the lab.

Airplanes used a water injection system to boost power. The old c131 and c130's I used to work on in the navy used a mixture of alcohol and water for a boost.